Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Almost 2 weeks post-op

OMG I am sooo sorry for disappearing! I was on holiday where internet connections are like urban myths.

First of all, the girls are doing great. I think at least :)

I admit I've been really bad. I'm not massaging frequently enough. Some days not at all.

They are changing though- promise to post some pics soon.

I'm having a hard day, let me tell you, for some reason they feel like they burn when I touch them or when my clothes rub against them. It's just killing me. I hear it's because of my nerves recovering. Which is a good sign. I am just hoping the burning stops soon.

Just to quickly recap over the last week and a half:
I pretty much stopped my painkillers (tylenol) a week after surgery. The only thing that was hard was the fact that sleeping was pretty painful. I would get such awful feelings of pressure. I'm guessing because I wasn't moving and everything would get stiff.

Another thing that sucks is that I still can't snuggle at night or sleep on my side. Ugh. Guess how annoying that is.

I was suppose to have my stitches removed but I just had the hardest time getting away from work. So I had my husband (don't worry he's a surgeon) remove it. It took 2min. I am however going back to have them just check things out to check for capsular contraction/ how my scar is healing etc.

I'll keep you guys posted!
Thanks for the love :)

3 comments:

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

So glad to finally hear from you and have you back on ISYN!
We missed you! :)
Hope you're doing well. I know all of that 'burning' will pass ... my gf went through the same thing. They say sometimes you feel numb, but she ended up being super-sensitive shortly after her augmentation. Everybody heals differently. Just take care of yourself, o.k.?

Marissa M. said...

Thanks MPP!
Sorry I've been quiet by I'm trying to be more productive and study. So you guys might see me a bit less but I won't disappear :)

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Just wanted to touch base with you.... We hardly see you on ISYN anymore, and we miss you! :)
Hope you're doing well!